Green tea is one of the best natural antioxidants, It also consists of high content of flavonoids, thus, it’s an excellent drink to lose weight naturally. There are many ways to take green tea to burn fat and lose weight, today, we’ll mention it’s five best forms.
Why drink green tea to lose weight?
The effectiveness of this drink to lose weight is based on the next key factors:
- Stimulates caloric expenditure, which directly influences body weight.
- Accelerates metabolism and increases the action of digestive enzymes.
- It acts as a powerful diuretic that prevents fluid retention and promotes the elimination of toxins.
- Reduces accumulated fat. Green tea can inhibit lipolysis, the process by which fats (triglycerides) are broken down in the body. The inhibition of the breakdown of triglycerides prevents the absorption of fat, thus ensuring that you will not gain much weight. In addition to this, green tea catechins inhibit an important enzyme that accelerates metabolism, thereby increasing calorie burn.
Five ways to take green tea to burn fat and lose weight
These benefits can become to shore by drinking tea in different ways. Either as an infusion, cold or in pills. The important thing is to remember that its effectiveness lies in being constant and consuming the right amount.
Consume it 3 times a day, 30 minutes after each major meal
The most effective way to drink green tea to in order to lose weight efficiently is to be consistent in the consuming 30 minutes after each meal. Or to be more precise, 30 minutes after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
This prevents the absorption of iron from food and promotes the burning of fats and the acceleration of metabolism at the same time.
Lose weight with green tea pills
Green tea can also be consumed in capsules, so one pill after each main meal will be enough to get its benefits. The capsules have the same active ingredients as an infusion and act as an antioxidant and stimulate the thermogenesis process.
Take green tea on an empty stomach in the morning
Maybe you’ll have a hard time keeping a full schedule of 3 cups a day. However, consuming it morning on an empty stomach is a must if you want to lose weight. You can also mix it with lemon juice to enhance its slimming effect. Then, of course, if you have time and you are willing to participate, drink it 30 minutes after lunch and an hour before going to sleep.
Cold green tea
Another way to enjoy the benefits of weight loss from this drink is to make it in a rich cold juice with green tea. Preparing this drink is very simple. Start by making an infusion and let it cool. Once it’s cold, mix it with lemon, mint, ice, and sweetener. Like we mentioned before, you can consume it 30 minutes after each meal.
Green tea with chia seeds
Chia seeds are full of fiber, protein and omega 3 fatty acids. Prepare a drink with these two ingredients, for example, a chia seed shake with green tea helps to burn fat very effectively. The polyunsaturated omega3 fatty acids can improve the bioavailability of green tea antioxidants, enhancing its effect on losing weight.
How to achieve weight loss goal with green tea variants in 2018
This drink is very versatile.You can prepare it in many different ways, these are some of the variants we suggest you try:
- Smoothie with avocado: it is a very rich and energetic drink, which provides the necessary nutrients to lose weight.
- Baking soda: the bicarbonate provides properties that help to lose weight and can be combined with an infusion of green tea to take advantage of all its benefits and vary a little, although the taste can be somewhat unpleasant, the results are really effective.
- Green tea with lemon and ginger: these three components enhance each other, being an infallible recipe to lose weight.
- Green tea water: this mixture is perfect beverage for throughout the day, from morning to night. It does not have a limit since it consists of the same three cups of tea mixed with four cups of water. It can be combined with lemon and a little sweetener to improve the flavor. With this modality, the diuretic effect is enhanced.
- Green tea with mint. This drink only contains 9 calories. It is a refreshing green tea recipe that helps in weight loss that also uses the benefits of peppermint. Mint helps for a satiety effect and also prevents future cravings for hunger that may occur during the day.
- Peppermint is also an excellent digestive and to burn fat in the body. You need 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves, 2 bags of green tea and a teaspoon of honey or stevia to sweeten (optional).
Things to consider before drinking green tea
This drink, like other teas, has a stimulating substance known as caffeine. Therefore, its consumption should be monitored at night to avoid side effects such as insomnia. In addition, its excessive consumption is not recommended for pregnant women, children or people with hypertension problems.
- You should never drink more than 5 cups a day, as it can cause tachycardia, diarrhea or headaches.
- Avoid consumption together with other medications, or always consult a doctor.
- People who have stress or anemia problems should be especially careful since the consumption of this can hinder the absorption of iron in the body.
The most suitable for consumption is to add an approximate 3 grams of green tea, so that daily consumption does not exceed 10 grams. It is recommended to consult with a medical specialist before starting any tea consumption since although it is natural products, it can present significant side effects.