Besides this drink, there are many ways to combat. For instance, drinking plenty of water staying active to mobilize the intestine. Constipation is a digestive disorder characterized by the slowing of intestinal transit. This causes an inability to evacuate the stool because, in turn, these tend to be hard and dry.
Those who suffer from it do not get habitual defecation, either because they have to make more effort to achieve it, or because they do not feel the need to do it for three or more days. In many cases, it is accompanied with abdominal pain and inflammation, as well as gas, heaviness and other uncomfortable symptoms that may worsen if not controlled in time.
Additionally, it is related to diets low in fiber and liquid, but can also be caused by stress, hormonal changes, and sedentary lifestyle. Fortunately, there are natural remedies that help to control it, since its combination of ingredients gives the body the nutrients it requires for an optimal digestive process. Among these, we find a smoothie of plums, fennel, and flaxseeds which, because of its laxative properties, safely controls this problem. Do not forget to try it!
Relieve Constipation – Smoothie of Plums, Fennel, and Flaxseeds
The ingredients we mix in this delicious natural shake allow us to provide the body with a fiber plus antioxidant compounds that favor the activity of the intestine. Its cleansing and laxative properties help remove accumulated debris in the colon and, in turn, nourish the healthy bacteria that inhabit the colon.
Benefits of Plums
For many decades, plums have been one of the most widely used natural remedies for relieving slow digestions.
- Plums concentrate a significant amount of insoluble fiber, which helps to give volume to the feces to facilitate their later elimination.
- They also contain soluble fiber that, when assimilated in the body, improves intestinal movement and helps to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Plums are low in calories and thanks to their contribution of minerals are also suitable to combat the inflammation and the retention of liquids.
Benefits of Fennel
Fennel, specifically its seeds, is a digestive and anti-inflammatory ingredient that has been popularized as a supplement to relieve constipation.
- Its active compounds help to improve intestinal motility, facilitating the evacuation of retained wastes.
- It promotes digestion of irritating and copious meals, so it reduces acidity, reflux, and inflammation.
- Relieves abdominal pain and prevents excessive gas formation.
Benefits of Flaxseed
Due to their high content of mucilages, flaxseeds have been classified as an excellent remedy for digestive difficulties.
- These substances form a gelatinous paste that helps to moisten and increase the volume of feces, facilitating their passage through the intestine.
- They improve bowel movement, which is key to removing debris.
- Among other things, they include alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid that fights inflammation, poor circulation and excess cholesterol.
Relieve Constipation Smoothie – How To Prepare It?
If you are looking for a mild and natural formula to combat constipation, do not forget to prepare this homemade smoothie. It consists of plums, fennel, and flax. Consuming this drink will allow you to restore normal bowel movements. And not only that but, it will also facilitate the detoxification of your body.
- 6 large plums
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of soaked flax seeds (20 g)
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds soaked (5 g)
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
How to Prepare It:
- In different cups, put the flax and hemp seeds soaking in water. Do this a night before you make this drink.
- Next day, boil the plums and afterward add the fennel seeds.
- Reduce heat and cook the ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Then, wait for them to cool and transfer them to the blender jar.
- Combine the seeds that you soaked and process them at maximum speed.
- Now, take all the ingredients together, until you get a homogenous drink.
- For optimal results, drink this smoothie for at least 5 days.